While deploying a website to Azure I noticed a lot of 404 errors suddenly. It seems like not al the font files where deployed.
But when I checked the fonts folder with Kudu I saw that all the fonts where deployed. And I was enabled to download them from Kudu. So it has to be something different.
After some more investigation it turns out to be an Azure issue. Azure doesn't actually have a MIME type configured for WOFF files, so simply returns 404.
With a simple webConfig fix this can be fixed within seconds. Just add a few lines to the system.webServer section.
<system.webServer> <staticContent> <mimeMap fileExtension="woff" mimeType="application/font-woff" /> <mimeMap fileExtension="woff2" mimeType="application/font-woff" /> </staticContent> </system.webServer>
After these changes to the Web Config the woff and woff2 files where served again.